Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum
Morrison St & Argyle St, Hobart
Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum is a replica of the wooden huts built in Cape Denison, East Antarctica. These huts were used from 1911 to 1914 by the Australasian Antarctic Expedition, led by Douglas Mawson.
Heritage carpenters took hundreds of photos of the original hut. It was reconstructed faithfully and erected in Hobart, just 200 metres from the water where Mawson’s original expedition departed.
The replica museum is open to the public. It is near the waterfront, a five-minute walk from the CBD and close to Salamanca Market.